Vacancy with L'Arche Liverpool
Care and Support Worker
- To work and live in accordance with the values in the Charter of L'Arche where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another and to develop their own potential for growth.
- To help facilitate and enable all household members in creating a home and enabling them to maximise their independence through the acquisition of new skills and increased social integration.
Responsible to: Team Leader / Locality Manager
Salary Range : £7.50 - £7.85 per hour dependent on qualifications
Hours: A full time position is 37.5hrs per week
Holidays (inclusive of bank holidays): 28days in the first year, rising to 33 days from the second year
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Personal care and support of people with learning disabilities:
- Supporting individuals in their leisure, social, practical, physical and spiritual needs.
- Helping people with physical needs may include some aspects of moving and handling.
- Ensuring the development of individuals ability to make choices and enabling them to increase their independence.
- Developing relationships, assisting in celebrations and supporting the spiritual life so that there is an atmosphere of welcome and friendship. The growth in new friendships will respect the professional responsibilities of support, which assistants carry.
- To ensure that People with Learning Disabilities are supported to build and maintain relationships outside the community and participate in wider community goals and where possible make an active contribution.
- To support people in Employment and Education / Volunteering opportunities as appropriate and in accordance with the professional boundaries of support.
- Care of the individuals home: Supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities to grow in their independent living skills.
- Completion of all necessary care and support records and security checks as required.
- Attending and participating in team meetings, and any other meetings as requested including Supervision and Appraisals.
- Administration: Carrying out delegated responsibilities for tasks such as record keeping, report writing, medication, First Aid and Fire Safety.
- To communicate clearly with families, visitors and other professionals.
- Training and Formation: Successful completion of all training and formation deemed appropriate by L’Arche.
- Statutory Regulations: To comply with all the Health and Safety regulations and good practice of the same.
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, bank holidays and to do sleep-ins on a flexible basis.
- General: To perform any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Duties and priorities may vary in accordance with Community priorities.
- All Support Workers are invited but not required to attend Community activities unless they are supporting a Person with Learning Disabilities to participate.
- Successful completion of the three month probationary period is essential for confirmation in post.
- Subject to fully enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Evidence of entitlement to work in the UK.
- At least one form of photographic identification, proof of address and any relevant qualifications must be presented at interview.
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot save the above online application form. If you would like to come back to your application later, please download and fill out the following PDF form:
Job application form – PDF document
We also need you to download and fill out the following equal opportunties PDF form:
Equal opportunities form – PDF document
Both PDF forms can be emailed to email@example.com