Vacancy with L'Arche Liverpool
Care and Support Worker
- To work and live in accordance with the values in the Charter of L'Arche where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another and to develop their own potential for growth.
- To help facilitate and enable all household members in creating a home and enabling them to maximise their independence through the acquisition of new skills and increased social integration.
Responsible to: Team Leader / Locality Manager
Salary Range : £7.50 - £7.85 per hour dependent on qualifications
Hours: A full time position is 37.5hrs per week
Holidays (inclusive of bank holidays): 28days in the first year, rising to 33 days from the second year
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Personal care and support of people with learning disabilities:
- Supporting individuals in their leisure, social, practical, physical and spiritual needs.
- Helping people with physical needs may include some aspects of moving and handling.
- Ensuring the development of individuals ability to make choices and enabling them to increase their independence.
- Developing relationships, assisting in celebrations and supporting the spiritual life so that there is an atmosphere of welcome and friendship. The growth in new friendships will respect the professional responsibilities of support, which assistants carry.
- To ensure that People with Learning Disabilities are supported to build and maintain relationships outside the community and participate in wider community goals and where possible make an active contribution.
- To support people in Employment and Education / Volunteering opportunities as appropriate and in accordance with the professional boundaries of support.
- Care of the individuals home: Supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities to grow in their independent living skills.
- Completion of all necessary care and support records and security checks as required.
- Attending and participating in team meetings, and any other meetings as requested including Supervision and Appraisals.
- Administration: Carrying out delegated responsibilities for tasks such as record keeping, report writing, medication, First Aid and Fire Safety.
- To communicate clearly with families, visitors and other professionals.
- Training and Formation: Successful completion of all training and formation deemed appropriate by L’Arche.
- Statutory Regulations: To comply with all the Health and Safety regulations and good practice of the same.
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, bank holidays and to do sleep-ins on a flexible basis.
- General: To perform any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Duties and priorities may vary in accordance with Community priorities.
- All Support Workers are invited but not required to attend Community activities unless they are supporting a Person with Learning Disabilities to participate.
- Successful completion of the three month probationary period is essential for confirmation in post.
- Subject to fully enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Evidence of entitlement to work in the UK.
- At least one form of photographic identification, proof of address and any relevant qualifications must be presented at interview.
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot save the above online application form. If you would like to come back to your application later, please download and fill out the following PDF form:
Job application form – PDF document
We also need you to download and fill out the following equal opportunties PDF form:
Equal opportunities form – PDF document
Both PDF forms can be emailed to email@example.com
Vacancy with L'Arche in Bognor Regis
Registered House Leader
We currently have two vacancies for Registered House Leader posts. The salary for the posts is £22,110 - £23,838 based on experience and qualifications (L'Arche or otherwise).
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and managing one of our residential care homes. They will be required to: fulfil the responsibilities of Registered Manager as set out by the Care Quality Commission; supervise and manage a team; oversee the support of people with learning disabilities to enable them to live full lives; nurture the community life of the house. The Registered House Leader is directly accountable to the Care and Support Coordinator in terms of line management, and more widely to the broader l’Arche Community, to the family members of the people with disabilities living in the house, to funding authorities and all other relevant stakeholders.
This role is subject to:
Evidence of entitlement to work in the UK
Fully enhanced DBS disclosure
Three satisfactory references
- Full Training and Induction for the role will be given on commencement of employment
- See also Job Description, Person Specification and paper on ‘Expected Rhythm for House Leaders’ for full details of the role
- Diploma in Health and Social Care (level 5) is required by CQC for this role, and therefore an advantage, as is experience of managing a team
Completed applications must be received by WEDNESDAY, 5TH APRIL, 2017 at 9:00am
Interviews will be held on 11th & 12th April, 2017
Please download the application pack here and send your completed application and equal opps form to:
L’Arche Bognor Regis
51 Aldwick Road
Or via email: Enquires.Bognor@larche.org.uk
Vacancy with L'Arche in Kent
Volunteer Officer (10 hrs per week)
Location: Canterbury and surrounding area
Salary: £17,352 pa pro rata
L’Arche Kent is an intentional faith community of people with and without learning disabilities as well as a professional support and care provider.
We work toward a society where all people belong – regardless of differences in ability or faith – in which each person and their gifts are celebrated and valued. Relationship, friendship and celebration are central to our life together.
We are looking for passionate and motivated individuals who cherish these aims.
For an application pack, contact Anne Holiday on 01227 643025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact Liis Revell on 01227 643025, email email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 20th March
Interviews held on 30th and 31st March
Positions are subject to a DBS check at the enhanced level.
Registered Charity No. 264166. Company Limited by guarantee. No. 1055041