L’ARCHE LONDON ARE RECRUITING!
It’s an exciting time of change for us and we have new opportunities available:
Care and Support Worker
L’Arche London has exciting opportunities available for Care and Support Workers to join their team. The salary for a live-out support worker starts at £16,700, paying up to £19,100 per annum (depending on qualifications) plus excellent benefits.
L’Arche is an expanding, vibrant Community charity which supports people with learning disabilities. L’Arche provides high quality, person centred care and support. Some people are supported in their own homes for a few hours per week; others are supported twenty four hours per day in our supported living or registered care services. Like other support providers we are regulated and inspected to ensure a high quality of provision.
Is this you?
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about working with people with learning disabilities. We want people who are honest, hardworking and most importantly, willing to be part of a diverse Community. We want people who will work and live in accordance with the values of L'Arche where relationships are valued and people are valued and respected for who they are.
What are your responsibilities as a Care and Support Worker?
- To help facilitate and enable people with learning disabilities in creating a home and enabling them to maximise their independence through the acquisition of new skills and increased social integration.
- To support individuals in their leisure, practical, physical and spiritual needs.
- To provide personal care with dignity and respect including supporting people with complex health and physical needs which may include some aspects of moving and handling.
What skills do you need?
- An NVQ/ QCF in Health and Social Care is an advantage but if you don't have this qualification we'd still like to hear from you.
- A background in nursing or teaching etc. and related qualification is desirable.
- Paid or voluntary experience of supporting people with learning disabilities is desirable.
- You must be willing to work weekends, evenings, bank holidays and to do sleep-ins on a flexible rota basis.
Why choose us?
- We offer excellent training, professional and personal development opportunities, 30 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), a pension and other benefits.
Although grounded in the Christian tradition, L'Arche Communities welcome people of all faiths and none: our vision is a world where all belong. If you feel you have the passion and drive to provide an excellent level of care please complete an application form and return it to email@example.com.
The successful applicants will be subject to references and fully enhanced DBS. Completion of a three month probationary period is essential for confirmation in post.
Relief Assistant - £7.50 + holiday pay £0.91 per hour = £8.41 per hour
These roles are suitable for people with previous L'Arche experience however we will consider external applicants with relevant experience. You will work flexible hours that best suit you and the eople you support.
We expect our assistants to stay with us for a minimum of one year. In return we will provide you with free training, to the level required by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). You are also required to undergo an enhanced police check.
These opportunities are residential. You may live in a house/flat shared with other support assistants or with people with disabilities.
Skills and Qualifications for this role are:
- A background in nursing, care, teaching etc and related qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience within the learning disability sector is desirable, interest is essential.
- Good written communication skills and IT proficiency.
- Interest in living in an intentional faith community desirable.
- Interest in and support of mission and values of L’Arche essential.
Your offer will include:
- Sponsorship for a Tier 5 visa, if you do not have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Free care sector training (eg. Autism, First Aid, Sign language, Communication etc.)
- Free accommodation (your own bedroom) all bills covered, free food or a food allowance.
- A monthly allowance which will increase for each year that you remain with us.
- 30 days paid annual holiday (inclusive of public holidays) and 20 days paid sick leave.
- Being part of an international federation covering 149 communities in 38 countries worldwide.
- Retreat opportunities.
To apply, please complete the application form located below.
To apply for a support assistant vacancy:
Please complete the application form and read the supporting documents below. Once completed please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applicants.
L'Arche Application Form
L'Arche London Equal Opportunities Form
L'Arche London Assistant Job Description
Completing the Application Form