L’ARCHE LONDON ARE RECRUITING!
It’s an exciting time of change for us and we have new opportunities available:
Deputy Service Co-ordinator (2)
Salary £21,500 to 22,100, closing 10 September 2017
Do you have a passion for ensuring people with disabilities live fulfilled lives? Do you want to help lead a community that really tries to value people for who they are and what they can do?
L’Arche London is more than just a service provider, we’re a community of people with and without learning disabilities. We’re part of an international federation with its roots in France. We provide registered care, supported housing and specialist day services – helping around 35 people with sometimes complex learning disabilities live great lives.
We’re now looking for a 2 Deputy Service Co-ordinators to join our leadership team. We have one opportunity to join us for a year on a temporary contact while the other opportunity is permanent. You will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality person centred support in one of our three groups. You will lead and inspire a support team to ensure L’Arche gives time to practical, social and spiritual needs.
You will be joining at an exciting time, we’re working on a plan to re-energise what we do. Our aim is to provide a place of belonging, to help people with learning disabilities live independent yet connected lives. You will be a key part of the way we develop and shape this future. It will certainly involve building on our existing quality and on the unique faith-based values of L’Arche. It could also mean growing the numbers of people we support.
We’re looking for people with knowledge and experience of supporting people with learning disabilities but far more essential is an enthusiasm for our values and the ability to inspire and manage others.
Applicants are asked to send a CV and a letter of around two sides of A4, outlining why you feel you meet the person specification for either role. The full advert for this role can be viewed here. The closing date is 10th September 2017. Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
You can see just some of what we do on our website (www.larchelondon.org.uk). If you would to like hear more in advance of applying you contact our HR Co-ordinator on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Care and Support Worker
L’Arche London has exciting opportunities available for Care and Support Workers to join their team. The salary for a live-out support worker starts at £16,700, paying up to £19,100 per annum (depending on qualifications) plus excellent benefits.
L’Arche is an expanding, vibrant Community charity which supports people with learning disabilities. L’Arche provides high quality, person centred care and support. Some people are supported in their own homes for a few hours per week; others are supported twenty four hours per day in our supported living or registered care services. Like other support providers we are regulated and inspected to ensure a high quality of provision.
Is this you?
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about working with people with learning disabilities. We want people who are honest, hardworking and most importantly, willing to be part of a diverse Community. We want people who will work and live in accordance with the values of L'Arche where relationships are valued and people are valued and respected for who they are.
What are your responsibilities as a Care and Support Worker?
- To help facilitate and enable people with learning disabilities in creating a home and enabling them to maximise their independence through the acquisition of new skills and increased social integration.
- To support individuals in their leisure, practical, physical and spiritual needs.
- To provide personal care with dignity and respect including supporting people with complex health and physical needs which may include some aspects of moving and handling.
What skills do you need?
- An NVQ/ QCF in Health and Social Care is an advantage but if you don't have this qualification we'd still like to hear from you.
- A background in nursing or teaching etc. and related qualification is desirable.
- Paid or voluntary experience of supporting people with learning disabilities is desirable.
- You must be willing to work weekends, evenings, bank holidays and to do sleep-ins on a flexible rota basis.
Why choose us?
- We offer excellent training, professional and personal development opportunities, 30 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), a pension and other benefits.
Although grounded in the Christian tradition, L'Arche Communities welcome people of all faiths and none: our vision is a world where all belong. If you feel you have the passion and drive to provide an excellent level of care please complete an application form and return it to email@example.com.
The successful applicants will be subject to references and fully enhanced DBS. Completion of a three month probationary period is essential for confirmation in post.
Relief Assistant - £7.50 + holiday pay £0.91 per hour = £8.41 per hour
These roles are suitable for people with previous L'Arche experience however we will consider external applicants with relevant experience. You will work flexible hours that best suit you and the eople you support.
We expect our assistants to stay with us for a minimum of one year. In return we will provide you with free training, to the level required by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). You are also required to undergo an enhanced police check.
These opportunities are residential. You may live in a house/flat shared with other support assistants or with people with disabilities.
Skills and Qualifications for this role are:
- A background in nursing, care, teaching etc and related qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience within the learning disability sector is desirable, interest is essential.
- Good written communication skills and IT proficiency.
- Interest in living in an intentional faith community desirable.
- Interest in and support of mission and values of L’Arche essential.
Your offer will include:
- Sponsorship for a Tier 5 visa, if you do not have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Free care sector training (eg. Autism, First Aid, Sign language, Communication etc.)
- Free accommodation (your own bedroom) all bills covered, free food or a food allowance.
- A monthly allowance which will increase for each year that you remain with us.
- 30 days paid annual holiday (inclusive of public holidays) and 20 days paid sick leave.
- Being part of an international federation covering 149 communities in 38 countries worldwide.
- Retreat opportunities.
To apply, please complete the application form located below.
To apply for a support assistant vacancy:
Please complete the application form and read the supporting documents below. Once completed please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applicants.
L'Arche Application Form
L'Arche London Equal Opportunities Form
L'Arche London Assistant Job Description
Completing the Application Form