Care and Support Worker
Salary Range : £7.50 - £7.85 per hour dependent on qualifications
Hours: A full time position is 37.5hrs per week
Holidays (inclusive of bank holidays): 28days in the first year, rising to 33 days from the second year
- To work and live in accordance with the values in the Charter of L'Arche where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another and to develop their own potential for growth.
- To help facilitate and enable all household members in creating a home and enabling them to maximise their independence through the acquisition of new skills and increased social integration.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Personal care and support of people with learning disabilities:
- Supporting individuals in their leisure, social, practical, physical and spiritual needs.
- Helping people with physical needs may include some aspects of moving and handling,
- Ensuring the development of individuals ability to make choices and enabling them to increase their independence
- Developing relationships, assisting in celebrations and supporting the spiritual life so that there is an atmosphere of welcome and friendship. The growth in new friendships will respect the professional responsibilities of support, which assistants carry.
- To ensure that People with Learning Disabilities are supported to build and maintain relationships outside the community and participate in wider community goals and where possible make an active contribution.
- To support people in Employment and Education / Volunteering opportunities as appropriate and in accordance with the professional boundaries of support.
- Care of the individuals home: Supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities to grow in their independent living skills
- Completion of all necessary care and support records and security checks as required
- Attending and participating in team meetings, and any other meetings as requested including Supervision and Appraisals.
- Administration: Carrying out delegated responsibilities for tasks such as record keeping, report writing, medication, First Aid and Fire Safety
- To communicate clearly with families, visitors and other professionals
- Training and Formation: Successful completion of all training and formation deemed appropriate by L’Arche
- Statutory Regulations: To comply with all the Health and Safety regulations and good practice of the same
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, bank holidays and to do sleep-ins on a flexible basis
- General: To perform any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Duties and priorities may vary in accordance with Community priorities
For an application pack please email email@example.com
Regional Leader, Southern England and Wales
£34,618 - £35,342 (outside London)
£38,000 - £38,724 (including London weighting)
We seek a new Regional Leader to be responsible for five Communities and one Project. Together these Communities support and sustain over 120 people with learning disabilities. The post involves providing leadership and guidance to Community Leaders, working in partnership to ensure that the Communities are fulfilling their mission locally, are financially viable, and are meeting required standards of care and support. The location is flexible, but the postholder should be within easy reach of London, Kent, Bognor, Ipswich, Brecon or Flintshire, and be willing to travel regularly to the other Communities.
Policy and Quality Officer
£30,760 (including London Weighting)
This is a new post with a key role in ensuring best practice in our service provision. They will produce and update policies in the fields of care, support, housing, and health and safety, and will work closely with the Deputy National Leader to develop our Quality Assurance systems. They will advise Leaders and Managers and support service improvements. Knowledge of care regulation and standards in England is essential; training in other areas will be offered. The post is based in South London, with some flexibility over working arrangements.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for complete job application packs.